At Kasan Law, we help victims of motorcycle collisions recover compensation for their injuries. Motorcycle collisions typically result in severe and catastrophic injuries. According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2018, motorcycle accidents accounted for less than 1% of total crashes that occurred but resulted in over 2,000 reported injuries.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a motorcycle collision caused by another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost income, loss of normal life, and disfigurement.
At Kasan Law, our Chicago and Illinois motorcycle accident attorneys handle a wide variety of motorcycle accident cases, including:
Some common forms of driver negligence that often cause motorcycle accidents include:
In some cases, both the vehicle driver and motorcyclist are not responsible for the accident. Instead, the motorcycle accident and injuries may have been caused by:
Our Chicago and Illinois motorcycle accident lawyers are very familiar with some of the severe and life-changing injuries that often occur in these crashes, such as:
If you suffer these or any other injuries in a motorcycle crash, you may need immediate treatment. In the weeks or months that follow a motorcycle accident, you may need ongoing medical care to manage your symptoms.
The cost of immediate and ongoing medical care following a motorcycle crash is often much higher than people realize, ranging from thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Some people mistakenly assume they cannot recover compensation if they were partially responsible for the motorcycle accident. In Illinois, the comparative fault rule applies to motorcycle accidents. If you are partially at fault for the motorcycle accident, you might still be eligible to recover compensation. However, your recovery will be reduced in proportion to your degree of fault.
Under this law, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault for the motorcycle accident. For example, if you were 10 percent responsible, and the other driver was 90 percent at fault, your award would be reduced by 10 percent. If you suffered $100,000 in losses, your recovery would be reduced to $90,000. However, if you are found to be more than 50 percent at fault, your recovery would be barred under Illinois law.
At Kasan Law, we take all personal injury cases on a contingency basis, which means you will not pay any legal fees unless we get you compensation for your case. Our consultations are free and carry no obligations.
As with any personal injury case, you must act quickly to protect your legal rights. If you or a family member has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact our Chicago and Illinois motorcycle accident attorneys to schedule your free consultation and case review by calling (312) 300-6724, e-mailing us at Info@LawKasan.com, or schedule your consultation online.